Sunday

Diet and the Skin: How to Control your Cravings

Image

In order to keep your skin clear and glowing, it’s critically important to maintain a healthy diet. (You can read our blog posts on this to learn more about the inextricable link between diet and skin here.) As a quick refresher, the top foods that you want to avoid for the sake of your skin are:

  1. Sugar
  2. Dairy
  3. White flour

While most of us know that it’s important to eat well, not just for the sake of our skin but for our general health, it becomes very difficult when cravings take over. I understand this more than anyone; my personal weakness is sugar. Nearly every day I get an intense craving for something sweet (and they say that sugar cravings are stronger than a cocaine addiction!) And almost every time, no matter how hard I tried, I gave in. Then I went on a journey to try to understand why I was having such strong cravings. What I learned is that when we think we’re craving something bad, our body is really craving something else â€" typically nutrients that we are not getting from our diets.

The chart below is a helpful source in helping you to decode and get past your cravings. Now, when I am craving a cupcake I eat a bunch of grapes or a hard boiled egg instead and suddenly the craving is gone. I recommend that you print this and keep it with you so that you have it nearby in times of need. 

Image

Share This!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger · Designed By Best Anti aging